1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Codec?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Jay05, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Hey, is there a link for the latest codec? for audio and video? Thanx

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Any particular codec you are after? x264vfw revision 112 came out yesterday, although I guess that is just an encoder.

3. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I can see the movie but I can't hear anything. Before I couldn't see and it said download codec so I downloaded but Still can't hear sound. I think I need a certain codec or I need to update mine. I installed Xvid and DivX but I think they are out of date or something...

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

DivX and XviD are just video codecs, well excluding DivX3.11alpha which included "DivX audio" a hacked version of WMA V2.

If it is an avi then it probably has AC3 audio, so you would need an AC3 decoder like AC3Filter. You might also want to try something like GSpot to detect what format the audio is.

5. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

So what are the basic codecs that I need in order to watch vcds dvds and other similar formats? Are there basic codec programs that I could just install on my computer? Some people tell me that installing codecs of diff kind won't hurt so yeah... thanx for the quick reply./

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2005
  7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

woot