1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest DVD Shrink Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by stangboy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. stangboy

stangboy Member

I just installed the latest version of DVD Shrink (ver 3.2.0.15), and when i go to backup a DVD with it, i receive an error that says there is not enough space available on my hard drive!!...(This is not correct, because i have 80GIGs of free space where i have selected the target for the backup??)...Also i don't understand how right before i hit the backup button, Shrink specifically says, space required for backup is 4.xx gigs, and space available is 80.xxGigs?? ANy help with this would be greatly appreciated...thanx

2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

You wouldn't perhaps be running a FAT32 file system on that hard drive would you? FAT32 doesn't support files larger than 4GB.

3. stangboy

stangboy Member

I am running an NTFS file format on my drive...I just can't figure out why i'm getting this error of not having enough disk space!!

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

stangboy: Whew, haven't seen that one. Besides verifying that your target has the needed space, i'm not sure what else can be done. It shouldn't be happening unless you actually don't have space. Are you sure your not misreading the free space somehow? Not sure what else to tell you. Re-install i suppose.

5. elliott

elliott Regular member

I had this problem once after updating my cuccusoft program and what I did was do a disk clean up including previous restore points. Then I used scandisk or check disk depending on your version of windows. This seemed to correct it because my free space was being reported incorrectly. Try it Can't hurt...good luck.

6. pohknee

pohknee Member

Stangboy-this problem also shows up in Nero recode 2 sometimes. If you are running Norton protected recycle bin with unerase function, it retains files on your drive in a hide mode but they still occupy space and Nero (may decrypter too) cannot see these hidden files. If you have Norton unerase, this is an option feature and you can deactivate it. Pohknee