1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LaunchELF and dms3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by werdna316, Apr 10, 2007.

1. werdna316

werdna316 Member

can someone explain to me how i can get LaunchELF v4.12 onto my memory card. i have a dms3 chip in my ps2 , but i am oblivious as to how to get it onto my memory card.
    cheers

2. werdna316

werdna316 Member

So i looked into this a little bit more , and i think i would prefer to boot it from my hard drive. If any of you wise ones could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers

3. piggy2

piggy2 Member

You better off install ulaunchelf 4.12 as boot instead of using dms explorer.

1. update dms3 to 2.4b7
    2. get the "dms_explorerv10_files" (not the iso) make directory and dump content in there.
    3. get uLaunchELF_v4.12 unzip, and copy boot.elf into the "dms_explorerv10_files" directory
    4 use text editor edit INSTALL, change last line to
    "COPY cdrom0:\BOOT.ELF;1 mc0:\BOOT\BOOT.ELF"
    5 use "cdgenps2v2" create a ps2 iso with all the context of
    "dms_explorerv10_files" + "ulauncherelf 4.12 unzip content". Burn this iso and boot up ps2.
    6 you will see install and boot into dms explorer. After install. Pop out disc and hold down "triag" button. and you will boot into ulauncher 4.12.
    7 hit "circle" botton and browse go to mc0:/ <<sony memory card 1
    and hit "R1" botton to make dir call "SYS-CONF" after that pop back THIS cd and browse cdfs:/ and select LAUNCHELF.CNF and hit "R1" botton choose "copy". Browse back to memory card sub of "SYS-CONF" and hit "R1" botton and click "paste"
    8 popout cd and reboot with "Triangle" botton and unlauncher is all set.

Addtion
    1 Get USB stick, 64m, 512m, 1gb all seem to work. Just need fat32 format.
    2 copy hdloader 8b into root. and crack code breaker 9.2 (iso on net. rename dvd iso file slus_202.02 into cb92.elf.
    3. copy hdloader 8b mc elf file and cb92.elf into usb stick.
    4. boot into ulauncher and browse mass:/ <<usbstick and launch hd8b mc elf from there to use hdloader
    5. use WinHIIP_V1.7.6 to format and install games.
    6. burn hdloader 8 cd boot version. launch cb92.elf from usb stick, insert hdloader 8 CD, and pick hd game to play. pop out cd so the laser can rest.

4. piggy2

piggy2 Member

codbreaker 92 has better save game file management. It has name of games instead of fat32. you can transfer it between sony memory stick and usb stick. Beaware of some other file that you are not sure what it is in stick. some are dms config and ulauncher file you install that codebreaker doesn't know, don't just delete unless you know what you are doing.

5. piggy2

piggy2 Member