1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layer break skip?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by augerpro, Mar 6, 2005.

1. augerpro

augerpro Member

I've backed up over 100 movies using dvddecrypter and shrink. Lately though a couple movies skip roughly half way through to some earlier scene. Is this because of the layer break? How do I prevent this? I have "remove layer break" checked in shrink and the media is the same batch as the last 30 that were fine. Help please!!

2. augerpro

augerpro Member

anyone?

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What kind of media are you using? What speed are you burning at? Do you defrag your hard drive regularly?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  4. augerpro

augerpro Member

Using fujifilm(TY id), same batch as all previous burns that were fine. As far as speed dvdshrink is set to max, never really watched it since it's fast and never had a prob until now. Harddrive is defragged often. I'm doing nothing different than I used to.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try cleaning your DVDRW lens... If you have done nothing or changed nothing then it is either your lens is dirty or your writer could possibly be going bad.

Just to let you know I work on computers and every one I get in the person says that same statement "I havent done anything and I didn't change a thing it just did it all by it self" Well 90% of the time they did something :)

also make sure no Spyware/Aadware has invaded your system..

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What speed is max speed? Try a slower speed.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  7. augerpro

augerpro Member

I'll try cleaning the lens, although it only skips in one place in the movie, usually half way through or so, that's why I thought of the layer break. Only progs i have running are windows stuff, webroot's spysweeper and my firewall. i always turn off my norton antivirus because it's such a sytem hog. Also is DMA 2 ok for my burner(Liteon 832s)? It's the slave and the master is old DVDrom.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Could try a un-install of Shrink and reload it.. Sometimes helps :) Or just a good old fashioned reboot of the system :)

9. brobear

brobear Guest

It only takes a few more minutes to do a slower burn. So cutting the burn speed back to 4X is a simple way to eliminate the possibility of a fast burn being the problem. If that isn't the problem, crank it back up if you wish. I turn off the Spysweeper and any packet software. What recording software do you have on the system or is Decrypter the only app you have?

DMA2 is what a lot of people are running at; so it doesn't appear to be a problem.