1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layout improvements at AfterDawn.com

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by cheezy_P, Aug 30, 2006.

1. puterman

puterman Member

Ok yeah it looks good, but if I wanted google search I'd go to google. I'm here to search and interact in the forums. My advanced forum search on backing up the latest movie gave me over 100 results about cell phones. This is not the same place that hooked me and kept me coming back for years.

2. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

What happened I was gone for a week.

What retard came up with this idea??

Don't fix what aint Brokin!!

I really dont care about the looks but this search engine is Trash its got to go I cant find anything, Your killing me.

It's hard anuf finding everything cause there is so many Posts and so much info.

Do you no How many more of the same questions are going to be asked because people cant find what there looking for.

Who ever came up with this idea needs to be fired.
    PLEASE change the search
    back before you Kill AFTERDAWN.

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

NINVIN21
    I am a idoit and can find my way around,and to fire the boss of the site is a bit harsh :3

some thigns can be tweaked.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@NINVIN21 -
    - did you really mean to type that ?

- it only takes 5 minutes to find things; it's called change..

- you should try being me for an hour

- the owners of the site, i doubt they'll fire themselves

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

creaky
    it took me 5min to find the big orange forum buton on gamepolitics.com after he had to switch back to the LJ format untill he can overhaul stuff.

I can stand change altho strange overhauls are to much.

6. antomic

antomic Regular member

i dont mind the change too much. the only thing that i didnt like too much was that everything all bubbly like myspace.

7. Ballpyhon

Ballpyhon Guest

they still need to put a quote button on the forums. other than that it looks basically the same, other than the tabs at the top are a lot bigger now. it still looks good tho.

8. rav0

rav0 Member

The top bar where it has "My Account, Mobile/PDA, About Us, Advertise here" looks like it's an ad. It's the right font size to be an AdSense ad and the last item says advert as well.

Also, the user info being joing to the top bar makes it look unpleasant.

Again about the top bar, I think that the "AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn.com Forums | Filepedia.com | MP3Lizard.com | DVD X Copy Forums | Blasteroids.com | Advertise on our sites" links would fit there perfectly.

9. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I should mention that the search has become better.
    I, before the change, was actualy thinking of a google powered search engine on AD, you guys did a great job on the search, and I take back what I said in previouse posts and agree that the new look is good, but could be worked on and the tabs should be downsized a little, either that or we can try the idea where you can toggle between the old layout and new layout, like you do with the profile page colour schemes, only it will be layout schemes, if that makes sense at all.

10. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I dislike the new search very much, the only thing i'm thankful for about the search is that you can use the old version, THANK GOD

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Truth be told i very rarely used the AD search since i joined here as i live on google and always find/found what i needed quickly; i've contributed to a fair few threads around the place and that involves a large amount of searching and cross-referencing; have also found the AD search to be very good to, though i've never had to use it very much. (i guess i use AD's search only really for seeking out multiposts and/or finding very easily most or all of the posts by a given poster).

To have both searches easily accessible helps matters. As someone who searches very heavily in every PC sitting (ie probably more than most people, whether it's for contributing to threads and/or moderating), i can vouch for the search function being very good indeed.

12. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

What I like about the search is having the option. I like the fact that I still use the old one to search through different threads. and i just use normal google page to search for the different software or guides that are not posted in aD.

13. vadimo

vadimo Member

i liked th old design, looked very smart & more orginized .

I dont like the idea of AD site taking 100% of my screen.

14. face123

face123 Regular member

Is it me or do the tabs look smaller now? If so that's a good improvement.

15. Ballpyhon

Ballpyhon Guest

the tabs are actually a lot bigger. maybe you held down ctrl while scrolling.

16. face123

face123 Regular member

No I dont me the old desighn were there wasent really tabs at all. Before when they had the new desighn the tabs looked bigger but now today the look smaller then the new old desighn. Hopefully you know what I mean...

17. Ballpyhon

Ballpyhon Guest

honestly the only thing i would change is i would put the "my account" bar below the search bar.

18. face123

face123 Regular member

Nah it's fine there in the corner. Maby the little bit of black up high should be changed to the backround say blue? Just my thoughts.

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I second face123's recommendation about the black at the top.

20. fog05

fog05 Member

I'am sure it's not only problem you have with that shi**y Filterset.G, it's not even updated last 3 months.
    Hint: EasyList is much better.
    If that one has problem filters, you can disable any specific filter. (but only if you use Adblock Plus 0.7.x)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006