1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd monitors and washed out colors

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Magdylite, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Magdylite

Magdylite Member

The last time I saw an lcd in circuit city the colors were really washed out. That was a few years ago*(yeah I know I should go out more) anyway... I am planning on getting an lcd monitor the dell 2007fp to be specific. I was wondering if the colors are as vibrant as my samsung syncmaster997df crt monitor. I really hate washed out colors. Im also curious how much worse 2D games will look on an lcd. Ive heard bad things about sprites and lcds. I'm getting this monitor for mostly arcade/neo geo gaming.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=320-4687&cs=04&c=us&l=en

2. TooBokoo

TooBokoo Guest

Do you know what the store had hooked up to their TV's? Some stores (Even Electronics ones) have bad quality content running to their display TV's and thus you get what looks like a crappy picture. I see it at probably 2 out of 3 stores I go in to. A decent newer LCD set should look amazing, provided you have a good quality source going to it.

3. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

I had the same fear when i bought my sharp LCD TV when i saw it in the shop ot looked washed out and dim, but i trusted the reviews id read and just went for it. When i got it home it looked amasing on my cable TV and DVD. My advise, go and read lots of reviews about the TV you want to but CNET is just one such site.