1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learn More about DVD burning

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by psxcancer, Sep 18, 2002.

1. psxcancer

psxcancer Member

Hi My question is this, I've just recently purchased a Pioneer DVD-rw 104 it came with Veritas-Record Now DX Ver 4.11. My first question is can this be used to make DVD to DVD-rw backups ?

Also I've just realized it seams like the single layered DVD disk is Under the 4.7 gig and the dual layered ones are over 9 gig.

My second question is this. Can DVD burners record on dual layered DVDs or do you have to remove the extras to get it to fit ?

Lastly, in the short amount of time I've been reading your message boards I've layered a lot. If there is any other web likes that you think would be good for newbies trying to get started. Thanks for any and all help.

2. evostik

evostik Member

Hi. I am far from being an expert, but:

You can only burn single layer and up to 4.3Gig. I don't think the burning software that came with your burner is going to be of much use. I find the following site to be very useful for simple guides you need:

www.vcdhelp.com

this has a dvd to dvdr section which, as they say, works for me.

Good Luck

Evo