1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning to burn

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Komputer, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Komputer

Komputer Member

I have 'Nero express' and tried to 'backup' some movies to 700mb cd's but have run out of disc space. I got about 90% finished and ran out of space. SO...I read somewhere that I should adjust my prefrences so that I can "overburn". I was suggested to set my overburn limit to 99min, but as I was doing so I read a warning that said something like, "This option should be used at my own risk and could possibly damage my CD recorder."

>is this 'not' advisable in order to burn to a CD....should another method(?) be taken.

also, the movie size reads 664,000mb(.AVI) in my shared folder....but read about 725,000mb when transfered to Nero. The Nero file size appears that it can burn up to 1000000mb(1GB) when 'overburn' is enabled. Is possible to burn up to a GB onto a CD, or could that possibly lead to potential problems?

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member