1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Least expensive way to flash a 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rocky13, Dec 11, 2007.

1. rocky13

rocky13 Member

Hi, so I already flashed my xbox360 which has a blaster 360 mod installed. I wonder, (chances are someone already answered this) if you have the right equipment to connect your pc straight to the xbox dvd drive, can you flash your 360 to work without any mod chips or anything like that added?

Is the blaster only good because u dont have to open ur xbox again? or is it actually needed in order flash a 360?

If a mod is needed, what do you think would be the cheapest way to mod/flash an xbox...without getting a chip requiring soldering?

Thanks guys

2. rocky13

rocky13 Member

Ive been looking around and havent stumbled accross the answer myself, if someone could be so kind as to maybe even directing me to the answer I would appreciate it.

Can you simply flash the dvd drive to work without a mod or do u need a mod in order for flashing to work correctly?

3. martin280

martin280 Member

Blaster 360 is not needed. It only assists the flashing process by allowing you to flash without opening up the Xbox every time. It is therefore not a modchip, just a flash assisting utility.

I have a samsung. I would simply need the right SATA Card which comes with a SATA cable, that's all you need. It's cheap!

Of course, that's just for flashing. People still need a proper DVD burner and media, which can be spendy. :)

4. rocky13

rocky13 Member

No kidding eh....thats great news.

So all I need to do is open the 360, flash the drive, put it back together...and its done!?

Nice!

Thanks for fillin me in on that