1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Color during write - Optorite DD0405

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by rkvons, Oct 16, 2004.

1. rkvons

rkvons Member

Can somebody tell me if the Busy LED on the front of this unit is red during writing?

Thanks

2. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

Yes, it is red when burning the disc.

3. rkvons

rkvons Member

Thanks IQ_ZERO! I don't understand why it does not say on the box or in the specifications. This is important to me. I have a NEC-1300A and the light is only green. Kinda lame. Now all I need to know is does DVDXCOPY version 1.5 work correctly with this writer? I wish there was a list of tested drives. Since there is no more support for the program from 321studios, we are taking a chance when upgrading to a new DVD writer.

4. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

rkvons,

You own DVDXCOPY? I have this software, and I upgrade to DVDXCOPY Platinum 4038 and RF. Since I upgrade to platinum, I have never used the DVDXCOPY again, since this software can only copy a full length movie into two disc, while the platinum can compress it into 1 disc. I also have DCDXCOPY Xpress, I know at least Xpress and platinum work on DD405. Also I found that this drive works better on firmware 150e instead of the lastest 160e. 150e allows you to use more brand of DVD disc.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004