1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED mods case, fans

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kasek, Sep 5, 2011.

1. kasek

kasek Member

Hey there hopefully someone is good with doing case mods and can help me out. Im looking to purchase the xcm Black knight case with window, it comes with the clear wind tunnel that has LEDs. Im also wantin g to get the whisper fan legacy which also has LEDs and the nitro switch. From my understanding either one of those plugs into the power source of the DVD drive and the specific item. Im wondering how I can hook up all three (tunnel, fans, DVD drive) without soldering like a new female connector. Is there a solder free way like a power cable with two female ends, or how would I do this.

Thanks in advance!

edit: or is there a different power source I can tap into to do this I dont no how much I can take from the DVD drive before it doesnt work. Ive seen youtube videos with people that have all this or even more but they dont show how its hooked up.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. coorva

coorva Regular member

3. kasek

kasek Member

thanks for that so there no way to do it without soldering? as well I guess i would have to put the terminal part off of the fans and just solder a longer wire to it and then do what the video said and then the nitro switch should work.... im so confused lol

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

too many people make soldering hard when it is actually pretty easy. Only one way to learn ;)

5. kasek

kasek Member

its not just the soldering im more worried about it cuz im not sure exactly what im doing. the video shows stock fan mod and im wanting to use the legacy fans so im confused how id do that as they are hooked up a little different.... and they have the nitro switch