1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

leisure suit larry problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by daveuk1, Nov 7, 2004.

1. daveuk1

daveuk1 Member

Hi,

I have recently ftp'd over the contents of the leisure suit larry game to my xbox'x hdd, when i boot the game it crashes right at the begining.

I have tried the usa hdd fix but the console loads up and exits back to the evox menu screen. I am using a PAL xbox but didnt think that there was much difference between the two.

Please can someone tell me if im doing something wrong or tell me if there is a pal patch for this game.

Thanks,

D.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  2. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Alot of ppl have had probs with this game- burn to dvdr and all probs will be fixed! Sure you can afford $1 dor disc.

3. daveuk1

daveuk1 Member

Hi,

Thanks but i've already made iso's of leisure suit larry using xiso and quix and burned them to 8X dvd roms but the DVD's just go to a black screen and nothing happens.

Thanks,

D.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  4. nastynath

nastynath Guest

yes mine is PAL and works a treat! With and without the fixs I have been emailing to all! What country are you from? I'll send you a copy! LOL :)

See my other thread,
    Leisure Suit Larry- Fixs AGAIN!!!

5. daveuk1

daveuk1 Member

Hi,

hi nastynath, i'm in uk mate. I've rushed out today to buy some blank dvd's that r 4X to see if they work, not a bad deal really, 25 for £5.

If this damned game works on these disks now, i dont know wether i will be happy or sit down and cry after realizing how simple it seemed.

I'll have a ganders at your other threads and see whats what (i spent 9 hours reading up on tech info about leisure suit larry last night and putting it into practice and i feel absolutely wrecked, i swear i wont let this game beat me).

laters,

D.

6. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I am in Australia mate! G'day!

lol

Why don't you pop over and I'll help you out with a copy!

lol

7. daveuk1

daveuk1 Member

Hi,

G'day m8te, if only... Cant stand Funnel Webs m8te or any other kinda spiders for that matter (specially scene as they're like 3X bigger over there than anywhere else) otherwise i would, for a permanent move. Got LSL working btw, worked on 4x dvd's but not on 8x, go figure.

laters,

D.

8. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Good shit mate!

Cheers!!! :)

9. caotico

caotico Member

Hi, i´m from Spain and I´ve the PAL Larry´s version. Only need the default.xbe.
    my email is caoticos@gmail.com
    or aaa2@lycos.es

thank you

10. nastynath

nastynath Guest

caotico,

The rules state NO email addresses!

If u PM me your email I will do it when get time!

11. caotico

caotico Member

i´m sorry, delete the message if is necessary. the next time read the rules before post. thank you advice me.

12. Thinker99

Thinker99 Member

Well, I figured out how to fix this problem.

I've downloaded the USA version and had the same problem, even after applying the HDD patch.

I've also downloaded the EU Spanis version, which worked fine after applying the HDD patch. But it's in Spanish, which I don't understand so I looked at the differences.

I managed to get the USA version with HDD patch to work on my PAL Xbox. I just needed 1 file from the EU Spanish version. It's the file legalXB.agi in the data directory of the game.

The legalXB.agi in the USA version is empty. I suppose if you edit it it will have the same result as copying the one from the EU version. Copy and paste the text below (Including all '{')to the legalXB.agi file and you should be able to run Larry.

MatAssignment[1]
    {
    "noalpha"
    }
    Image[1]
    {
    Image "legalXB"
    {
    MatAssignment 0
    BmpSource
    }
    }

13. jojor

jojor Member

I had the LightForce Internal version. It works without patch. But when I edited the AppInit.JAM or default.xbe it refused to boot up. With default.xbe, it complains disc dirty error. With just AppInit.JAM i see nothing on the screen (i have only 480p, 720p on the connection).
    Is this a NTSC or PAL DVD? I have a US NTSC xbox.

14. aumm

aumm Member

"I had the LightForce Internal version. It works without patch. But when I edited the AppInit.JAM or default.xbe it refused to boot up. With default.xbe, it complains disc dirty error. "

hmmm damn, i have the same version but it wont work at all, i dont undstand what the problem is, im just trying to play if off the dvd

15. cobalt69

cobalt69 Guest

i have a prob like it i did the hex edit and i put the new .jam file in and now when i start it up it goes back to the main menu

16. Thinker99

Thinker99 Member

Editing appinit.jam or default.xbe doesn't seem a wise thing to do.

I have a PAL Xbox, and I've downloaded also the lightforce internal US version. Besides that I've downloaded a modified AppInit.jam which removes the censorbar in the game. Also I download a modified default.xbe which makes it possible to run the game from the Xbox HD. (Both can be found on kazaa)

Without doing anything, just extracting the iso to the Xbox's HD gave the problem that after starting the game you automatically return to the Dashboard. The solution for this is editing the legalXB.agi as I described a few posts ago.

After modifying the legalXB.agi I got the error which said that I need to run the game from the original DVD. Applying the hacked default.xbe solved this problem.

And applying the hacked AppInit.jam indeed removed the censorbar.

17. scratch18

scratch18 Member

I have Larry 8 on Pc and it loads but crashes back to my os all the time...how do i fix this i cant do anything in the game after he leaves his room

18. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

what your problem is, is that you're wasting your time attempting to play this game. this is by far the lamest game ever...it reminds me of playing atari. this is such a disgrace compared to the other LSL games!

19. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

i'm proud to say that this is the first time that i've ever been able to say this:

THIS GAME ISN'T WORTH THE .40 DISC THAT IT'S ON!

20. scratch18

scratch18 Member

and that helps me how