1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lens damage when playing backup games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by armagan, Apr 14, 2005.

1. armagan

armagan Member

Hi. I just got a PS2 v50004 with Messiah2 chip. I'm thinking to play games from backup DVDs but some people told me that playing backup DVDs damages the PS2 lens. Is this true? I'm sorry if this is asked before but I checked the sticky FAQs on this forum and tried to search and I couldn't find anything about this. I'd be glad if you could me enlighten about this.

2. dil_17

dil_17 Member

armagan...hi ,,,

well if back up means copied cds then someone gave your wrong information.

i mean ...i dont use sctrach cds on my ps2 ...if i borrow game from someone ...if i see cd with toomuch scratches ...i copy that cd and play ...becasue once its copied by DVD Decrypter ..to your pc hard drive ..so then game is yours... and after that i copy to new blank disk ...... my game also works very smoth ...never jamed ..never stuck..

like this i save my lens from scratch and dust ..i mean from dirty cds haveing spot on it ..

my cousion he is having original ps2 i mean no modchip ...i bought new game for him Alterbest....today 4 hours back.... riginal...and i copied copy cd i will play and original i will send him...and its working very fine...

astalavista