1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by cleanboy2, Feb 22, 2007.

1. cleanboy2

cleanboy2 Member

ive been a bit out of touch with the whole psp hacking thing lately and havent really been able to get online as im a traveller but ive read a few topics on this forum and now im being told that if i upgrade to the latest firmware i can still have all the benefits of my 1.5 psp? well i mean i can still run iso's without a UMD? and im guessing without even having to use devhook???

is it possible to run homebrew on the latest firmware? (which im assuming is 3.03?) basically all i want is to b able to run iso's and emulate a gba (and occasionally a snes he he)

please tell me if im wrong?

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You are wrong. When you are on the two latest official Sony firmwares, you are stuck and don't even have a downgrader. These two are 3.10 and 3.11. What you heard about are custom firmwares made by Dark Alex (3.XX OE-X), there's also been one by a girl called Eiffel56, she modded firmware 1.50 so it has recovery menue and some more stuff. I'd recommend using either 3.03 OE-C or 3.10 OE-A2.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

3.03 OE-C is more customizable than 3.10 OE-A-2 until the topmenu-plugin is decrypted i,ll be staying on 3.03OE-C.

4. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

yer im sticking with 3.03OE-C for now