1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lg 16x Super Multi DVD/CD Rewriter any good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by silent85, Dec 29, 2004.

1. silent85

silent85 Member

I am wonder what your guys opion on this combo is??

stats:

8.5 GB DVD+R Double Layer
    Tri- DVD Formats
    DVD+ RW/
    DVD-RAM

I was also what kind of program would you use?? I am currently using Nero 6 Ultra edition but I heard that I should another program so if anyone could help me out that be asome.

Thanks
    Tim

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Nothing wrong with using Nero. Why don't you go to AD's software section here and get DVD Shrink. Shrink will open Nero when it comes time to start the burn process. Shrink removes the encryption and compresses the movie so it will fit on a DVD-5.

Get a couple of DVD +or- R/W to practice with. Stick with high quality media and save yourself some headaches. Ritek or Verbatim -Rs work well.

3. silent85

silent85 Member

thanks a lot for the tips. I will have to install the program. :)

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

5. silent85

silent85 Member

hmm thanks for the link I will check it out. It should be to difficult. I just got to config it to go to nero.

Thanks
    Tim

6. rosspod

rosspod Member

silent, the only thing i would say abot lg drivesm i remember hearing a while back that some freaked out when installing certain versions of linux. keep that in mind if linux is a route that you want to explore, if not enjoy your new burner, it certainly sounds good number wise!

ross

7. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I have that exact burner and have now burnt over 1400 discs on it, only had my first coaster last week, and its not the fault of the burner when the electricity goes out. I find the DVD-R works a little better in my DVD players so I go with those. And I have using almost exclusively KODAK media, because the price is decent and I can get it at a store rather then online. I have also used alot of FUJI and Maxell discs without problems, Maxell is actually one of the recomended discs in the manual.

I have also tried a few Ritek discs and they don't play in my DVD player for some reason, but play just fine on the computer, or in my PS2.

8. silent85

silent85 Member

I am not planning on running it on a linux. I plan on using either sony or maxell dvds so hopefully one of them will make me happy. lol

thanks
    Tim