1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lg 389 dvd player/recorder usb question

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by panthom80, Aug 11, 2010.

1. panthom80

panthom80 Member

hi,

i have the lg DR389 dvd player/recorder with the usb port. i also have an hp (hewlett packard) v100w 8gb usb memory stick, which i would like to use with my unit, but when inserted into the usb port i get a message saying "usb not recognized" - (i borrowed a usb stick from my friend "udisk-8gb mem stick" and my unit sees the stick). is there a "special" way to format my hp usb drive - recognizable for my lg dr389, or are there any firmware updates i can get to make this work? i even recall plugging in my nokia cellphone into the unit no problems at all! is there anyway to get this working, or does lg just not like hewlett packard?
    i'd really appreciate professional help on this one, since i am a fan and supporter of lg products....

thanks in advance...

thomas

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does the recorder specify if the stick should be FAT32 or NTSF format - and what format is the stick?

3. panthom80

panthom80 Member

the manual states: this unit supports only usb flash drive with fat16 or fat32 format...and yes i tried formatting the stick various times

4. PYSTOLO

PYSTOLO Member

HAVE YOU CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEM, I´VE REALY INTERESTED TO KNOW THIS, THANKS

BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM