1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 4081b - Unstable in Windows xp

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by titten, May 4, 2004.

1. titten

titten Member

Hi.
    I wonder if the new firmware makes the 4081b drive more stable in xp. My problem is that it records very nicely, but after some discs have been recorded the drive is ignored in both nero(asking me for empty media, even though it has been inserted) and in xp the drive is not able to recognize any recorded media at all.

Please help me.

As of today , the workaround has been to uninstall the drive - reboot and go at it again, and no problem occurs

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Sounds like a bad jumper position on the back of your drive --

Did you place the jumper in the proper position --

Drive should be your master on your secondary IDE.
    I have been using LG 4081b for more then 4 months now -- burned over 150 CD+R and it has worked flawlessly.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004
  3. titten

titten Member

Thanks for answering.
    I thought that the drive would either work or not regardless of the jumper. I am not sure if its actually connected as you describe. It might be working as slave. Will have to check this.
    But you think that changing the position of the drive with the rights jumpers should resolved this?.

I actually experienced the same once again, but this time i did an uninstall of the drive in the controlpanel-system-hardware. and did a rescan, and it worked again. Strange if you ask me

Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

4. juiceman

juiceman Member

I have the same dvd writer and am having the same problems. I set it up as the slave and my cd/wr as the master....guna change it right away and try it the other way because it is not working properly for me this way. Just don't understand why they show you in the manual that you can set it up this way. I seem to be getting an error at the end of each burn and Nero won't reconize the drive either....very frustrating