1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG DVD: changing DVD does not work

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jordimol, May 1, 2005.

1. jordimol

jordimol Guest

Hello,
    this is my first message to this forum. I have tried to find previous messages to my problem, but I have not found any.

I am using win xp, and my dvd unit is an LG 4082 GSA. Up to now, my unit was working properly, but in these last days, I have noticed a strange behaviour: if I start the computer with a DVD inside the DVD unit, I can read the contents perfectly. However, if I change the DVD from the unit, I cannot read the contents. In particular, if I try to read the contents using windows explorer, the computer just hangs up.

I do not know if it is a hardware problem or not. Has anybody found a similar problem to this? how can I solve it?

thank you very much in advance

Jordi

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Try removing the LG, via Device Manager, reboot, and see if it solves your problem.

Don't boot with a disc in the drive!

3. jordimol

jordimol Guest

thank you for your reply. I have done what you suggested, but it does not work: when the device manager is trying to uninstall the DVD, it lasts too long. Then, I have looked the activity in the task manager and the status was "Not responding".

What do you think is happening? a software problem or a hardware problem? it is strange that the DVD reads the contents if the DVD was originally in the unit when the computer starts, but just hangs up if a new DVD is introduced into the DVD unit once the computer is already working.

Some new idea? (I have also tried to update the driver through the device manager, but the current version was the newest one, according to windows).

Thank you

Jordi

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the drive on the same cable as your hd & what is the jumper on the drive set at, master, slave or cable select??

5. thebigbos

thebigbos Member

It must be a software problem.. I have the same problem on 2 of my pc`s.. I am busy re-installing the one.. If I found out which one it is I will keep you posted