1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG DVD-RW jumper settings?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Deadsayer, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Deadsayer

Deadsayer Member

Can anyone help me with jumper settings?

My dad is a cheap bastard and got his LG GWA-4161B from a very bad place and it didn't come with an instruction manual and I can't find the jumper settings anywhere on the internet. What I need is the secondary master jumper settings for this device.

Any help is appreciated.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That drive should have on the back if you look close enough something like MA, SL, CSL.
    If you are wanting it to be the master just put the little jumper on the 2 pins with MA. Then hook it up on the IDE cable that is plugged into your Motherboard under IDE 1 your hard drive should be on IDE 0. They could be labled IDE 1 & IDE 2 depends on your MOBO.

Then you will have your drive set up as Master on the slave cable, make sure if you have another drive on that cable you also change it to SLL...

3. Deadsayer

Deadsayer Member

Yeah, it doesn't have the settings on the back of it, that's why I'm asking, otherwise I'd be able to figure it out.

I did manage to figure it out though, thanks anyway.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Just for curiosity and future reference of course, what did you do to get it set to master since it didn't have the jumper’s as bbmayo suggested. I’ve never seen an optical drive that didn't have that feature. Please let us know.

Thanks