1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GSA-4040B MEDIA

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by EVOODOO, Jan 5, 2004.

1. EVOODOO

EVOODOO Member

Hi, i just got the dvd drive above, and have been making flawless dvds using fujifilm dvd-r

But they are pricy, and i just bought some aterra 4x dvd-r's for much less, but has anyone tested them on the drive, and with the new firmware A302

how successful are they, i've read many conflicting posts, should i just return them, like some ppl have written about the 2x dvd'rs???

2. derryl

derryl Member

Did you upgrade your firmware to A302 yourself or was it purchased at A302? Is your drive set up as master or slave?

3. EVOODOO

EVOODOO Member

I purchased it with A300 and upgraded myself to A302, and its the master on the secondary ide channel, with a samsung sw-248F running as slave on the same channel

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

For 2X -R burns:
    RitekG03's (good media priced right)

For 4x burns:
    Taiyo Yudens (expensive, your Fugi's might be these)
    RitekG04's
    BeALL
    DVDPro (id as Princo, some question the consistancy and longevity))

These all work well (show a clean read in Nero CD/DVD Speed with the A302 firmware.

It's hard to beat the price/performance of the Riteks (might say RIDATA on the hub). Popular and respected media.

5. hyundaigs

hyundaigs Member

I've found it! i dont know if anyone else has had the same issues as me but i have a LG GSA-4040B DVD Burner and at first couldnt play a single disk on my Late Samsung DVD-M205 ... I know its an old drive player but i wont part with it and being deturmen i found that shintaro disks are working like a dream in it. and is great for media campabiltiy with any dvd player if it plays in the worst known dvd player for being the most sensitive old heap on the market (My Samsung DVD player) than its bound to work with all players!