1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GSA H22N picture problem

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by joecaper, Jan 10, 2007.

1. joecaper

joecaper Member

I installed this drive in an old machine today running Win98 and I am experiencing a problem with DVD playback in PowerDVD 6. One side of the picture is distorted. I didn't have time today to run any real tests, but does anyone have any preliminary ideas? The drive seemed to install fine - Win98 detected it OK and I ran the firmware updater that comes on the CD and that seemed to install and update the FW OK. I installed PowerDVD and then played the DVD. Is the problem caused by Win98? Also, that computer is rather old. I'm not sure what RAM or CPU is in this machine. Is there a bottleneck due to low RAM or DMA setting that I should look at? Any ideas would be helpful before I go back and start troubleshooting. Thanks

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

Problem is A) WIndows 98.. thasta big no no. id say your processor , ram and video card are to crappy and old. id say junk it get a diffenret computer. The cd drive probably says on the bax minimum system requirments, and you dont meet that.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

joecaper, what is the specs on the old pc as i have no problem with powerdvd on my p4 celeron 2.5ghz running win98se?