1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lg LCD monitor adjusting problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by OU812Ono, Feb 11, 2005.

1. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, if not mod's please move and accept my advance appology. I just bought a LG 17" LCD monitor "part #L1720p" and after installing the driver and adjusting the proper native resolution, the images extend past the screen. By this I mean that if I maximize the window I have to drag my mouse to the top of the screen and it scrolls approx. 4-5 inches to the top of the widow and another 4-5 to the side. It's like the monitor is 5 inches too small in each direction, if that makes sense. If I try lower resolution it looks worse than my old 11" CRT. Also I've noticed a considerable amount of unused space on the top and bottom of the screen, it seems the screen is not being used to it's full potential.The OSD offers no option for stretching the vert and horiz. I've tried the website but they offer very little in terms of help. Is this the norm for LCD screems? Or am I missing a step somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm feeling the early signs of buyers remorse. Thanks in advance for anyone who helps.

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

What OS are you using that required a driver for your LCD. Check your video card settings for refresh rate, and other settings, etc. Sounds like that is where your problem might be. This is not normal based on my personal experience. Unless there is something new about this monitor, I suggest reading your manual on setup. I use 3 here at my house and never had anything such as what you are explaining. Make sure you are using the correct resolution and that your video card is set to default settings until you get this squared away.