1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG PowerProducer too slow

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tomdeneto, Aug 31, 2007.

1. tomdeneto

tomdeneto Guest

Hi, I just bought a LGSA-55L Internal DVD Burner which comes with Power Producer to burn DVDs. When you burn a DVD the Power Producer always takes forever to do this step- "Creating and Organizing Folders" before "Burning". It takes ten minutes to "Creating and Organizing Folders" for a 30 second clip then burns it. It took a half and hour to "Creating and Organizing Folders" for a fifteen minute clip, then burns it in 5 minutes(it also takes ten minutes to import the video clip). Is there a way I can disable the "Creating and Organizing Folders" step or speed it up? Or are there other DVD Burners (recommends would be great) which have software that just allow you to burn or configure so you can burn without "Creating and Organizing Folders"? Or is there free software to download for DVD burning that allows you to configure straight to burning? Any information would be great, thanks.

Thomas

2. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

Did PowerProducer come on a purple and black disc? If so, it also comes with Nero.

I've never used PowerProducer, I always found it useless. Try using another program.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  3. tomdeneto

tomdeneto Guest

Yes, but the Nero only burns vcd and supervcd, and when I put in Dvd it says wrong disk, and tries to sell me an upgrade. What is a good brand of DVD Burner, I'm thinking of exchanging my LG Internal burner for a Sony Internal 18x burner? Anybody used Sony burner?

4. i_am_alex

i_am_alex Regular member

You obviously have Nero set to only view CD options. Somewhere up the top of the Nero window, you will have a drop down box, with three options. "CD, DVD, CD/DVD". Choose DVD, and it will display the DVD burning options.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007