1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 's GGW-H20L causes a Vista blue screen crash

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by nuty, Sep 20, 2008.

1. nuty

nuty Member

I installed a LG GGW-H20L Rom Ver. YL02 (Blu-Ray Re-Writer)in my PC and after booting into Vista I get a blue screen message IRQL – NOT – LESS –OR – EQUIL and even in Safe Mode.

When Vista loads the Welcome – Windows Vista screen is ok the desktop comes up ok at first but while loading I get a blue screen with message>> IRQL – NOT – LESS –OR – EQUIL some other blurb and at the bottom; Stop 0x00000000a (0x - << the rest of the digits are random changing each time I get a blue screen and I can’t read them because it closes before I can.

I have tried everything I can to rectify the conflict I have flashed the motherboard with the latest BIOS, got the latest drivers for the on board graphics Nvidia Gforce 6150, I have tried new RAM in differing slots, I have disconnected ever piece of hardware including the operating systems Hard Drive and booted to an XP bootable CD I have still it crashes although booting from this CD did allow me to read from a DVD I put in the GGW-H20L proving it could work but when I put another CD in it crashed giving a blue screen, with the following>> stop: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf8048ba, 0xf75a6ae0, 0x00000000) *** win32k.sys – address bf8048ba base at bf800000, datestamp41107f7a. << So it can’t be Vista causing the problem can it?

I have also borrowed another LG GGW-H20L from PC World and this one shows the blue screen problem just the same!
    I did try LG’s firmware update for the GGW-H20L Version YL03 Firmware Update (GGWH20L_YL03.exe) and I have tried every switch I could find (sheer desperation) in my BIOS the only one that cured the problem also disabled it’s SATA drive

Can you help please?

My system:-
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4800+ 2.5GHz
    Asus M2NPV-MX Motherboard using onboard Nvidia Gforce 6150 graphics, LAN, and sound
    4 GB DDR2 RAM Kingstone 5300 as 4x 1Gb
    MS Vista 32 bit SP1 and with all the latest updates

2. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

did u take the lg drive off of the computer and try to booth it if u can
    may be ur lg drive is bad

3. nuty

nuty Member

Er well yes? I also bought an identical duplicate drive from PC World and put it in thinking the first one may have been bad but this one also caused a blue screen crash, and I tried it several times, since removing the second drive and returning it to PC-World (nice people) my PC hasn't given any further problems at all so it must be a compatibility issue with my Asus Mobo . . . I think? . But I really want one of these LG drives although changing my one year old Motherboard is a bit OTT.