1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lighscribe DVD+R media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ACC1389, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ACC1389

ACC1389 Member

Does anybody know if there are any Lightscribe dvd+R or dvd+r Dual layer Printable Hubs media available anyplace? When I say printable hubs I mean the most area that could be Lightscribed onto dvd media.

Thank you

Andrew

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I don't believe so.

Only cd-r and Dvd+r,and they are reg hubs. It'd have to be a totally different technology to get them to be able to create Full Hub LS media along with the drives to handle them?

Another option:
    Though the limitations of LS media,there's inkjet printable media out there. Full hub media for White-matte/ White-Glossy/and Silver inkjet printables.USA- check out the epson R-series Stylus Photo printers,that'll directly print on the disc. Europe: Check out the Canon printers.

Now we've got the full hub shiny's, Full hub white glossy's and also the Full Hub White inkjet printables.. Not so fortunant a yr ago.

Full hubs,more surface to print on- Very good!!! I don't care for the reg hubs.

Check out meritline.com for all available printable and ls media.

3. ACC1389

ACC1389 Member

Thank you Saugmon for your responce. Double layer DVD+R Lightscribe is another item that's not available. What a shame.

BTW I already done the printing on dvds and printing DVD lables and they really look sharp with the printable hubs. I'm sure in time everything will become available.

Thanks again
    Andrew