1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightscribe advice

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by oldgold, Jan 19, 2008.

1. oldgold

oldgold Member

Hi

I'm hoping to get some advice from the good members of this forum about Lightscribe. I have a newish PC with a built-in Lightscribe DVD burner and would like to use this feature, however I have a couple of questions;

Firstly, can anyone recommend good labelling software. I can't find any such software pre-installed on my PC and have no bundled CDs etc. I know there is a list on the Lightscribe.com website, but can anyone recommend which to go for?

Secondly, I note that there is a warning in the DVD burner sticky that suggests Lightscribe is a temperamental software and can wear out the laser. Has anyone had any experience of this or know how many discs you would have to burn for this to happen?

All advice would be welcome.

Many thanks.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You can use nero's cover designer,sonic express labeler if you have them loaded on your pc,or my preference Surething cd Labeler 4 SE.

http://www.surething.com/ST/default.asp

I've used all 3 of those programs and they are very similar and same results.

Lightscribing will wear out your drive quicker. Takes around a half hour or so for the scribing.I just do it occasionally because my results are mediocre. At first,my LS covers looked faded/blurry. I had to download a free utility called Lightscribe ELCU to help clear them up. Still not even close to the quality when compared to my inkjet printable backups. I got some pics of them in my user profile.

Stick with Verbatim for your LS media.

Here's some info:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/618135

There's some links in there for v 1.2 that you and I may need with the newer LS media coming out.

3. oldgold

oldgold Member

Thanks for the advice.