1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightscribe trouble with Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bugmenono, Mar 10, 2007.

1. bugmenono

bugmenono Guest

I've seen this same problem with tons of different people all over the web on various forums, but none of the solutions mentioned seems to be working for me.

The problem is that Nero applications simply do not show lightscribe options at all if it thinks you do not have a lightscribe capable drive. For some reason, Nero continues to do this, even for some people who DO have lightscribe drives.

I've updated Nero, the lightscribe drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Nero, checked every tutorial, FAQ, and guide I can find on both Nero and Lightscribe's websites(as well as unofficial sites), exhausted every option I can find, and nothing has worked. I know my drive is fine, because it works flawlessly with the lightscribe simple labeler, as well as Roxio software.

Does anyone have a clue why Nero is so buggy with lightscribe, and what a possible REAL solution to the problem might be?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok...... use SureThing found here in the LightScribe web site:
    http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx
    this is a CD/DVD labeling program that will burn LightScribe! If this program doesn't recognize your drive then you really have a problem and more research to fix it! Nero is buggy...... make sure you have a version that isn't buggy. try the SureThing CD/DVD Labeler 5 for 15 day free trial! good luck.