1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LimeWire never works...

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Amir89, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Hi all

I'm using LimeWire Pro v4.14.3, and for some reason whenever I try to download a file using LimeWire, it displays "connecting..." and then it keeps searching for more hosts, even though I'm downloading files that have 100+ hosts.

It doesn't make sense.. on the few occasions it has worked it worked flawlessly with very good download rates; but most of the time whatever I try to download it just keeps searching for hosts?

Anyone know what's wrong?

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

A lot of people have been having problems with Limewire for several months now. Limewire has been in and out of court lately. Plus, many of the high Speed Internet companies have narrowed their P2P bandwidth to slow the flow of P2P traffic on their servers. Many people who do not use P2P are complaining of slow service.

Try is new program, it still works pretty good. Make sure you read the instructions. http://www.frostwire.com/

3. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

The cable/ phone companies are narrowing down the main P2P providers, they seem to know who the big players are, try a smaller P2P , and yes they restricting bandwith.

4. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Tried Frostwire, It worked initially but now I'm getting the same errors.

Any other still functioning, decent P2P networks out there?