1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LimeWire Pro 4.18.2 Will Not Connect!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PMQLNZ, Jun 13, 2008.

1. PMQLNZ

PMQLNZ Member

I have had limewire pro for a very long time and it has never failed me but just today it will not connect, it will just keep saying connecting... I know its not the firewall because just yesterday it worked. I have open the ports i have tried everything what can i do? I even tried other p2p programs like morpheus and bearshare they couldnt connect either what is going on? I have Wondows Vista on a Dell XPS 410 with 2wire sbc modem. I went to the modem and opened a port also. If there is nothing i can do where will i download my music from? torrents are cool but i dont want whole albums. Please Someone Help!
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Check file, has the connect become disabled?
  4. PMQLNZ

PMQLNZ Member

how do i check that?
  5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't use LimeWire but, from memory, isn't file in the upper left? Connect and disconnect are there.
  6. PMQLNZ

PMQLNZ Member

ok.......... it doesn't connect can somebody please help me?
  7. pimenton

pimenton Member

STRANGE !!!!! but the same thing is happening to me in our laptop with this new 4.18.2 version. Disabled the firewall, the antivirus and nothing.... Checked on the listening port in Limewire but nothing to do there, changed the listening port but nothing... It has to be something with LIMEWIRE, not the computer. I am not help here, I am looking for help also.
  8. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ports are opened to ip addresses released by your router, most computers have a dynamic ip setup, this means its constantly changing!

192.168.1.x

the ip is the same for all the computers, except the value x is different, make sure that the port you opened is opened for the ip address of the computer with the misfiring limewire!!!

the best way to insure you don't have issues with your ports is to create a static ip address, this way the port is always opened!

alternately you can just forward the port to every ip address on your network, this way even if your ip changes the port will be still be opened for that ip:p

i dont use limewire so i dont know the specifics! i just saw you were having some sort of port related issue:(

-tripplite
  9. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Regular member

get rid of lime wire and if you must use the p2p use frostwire or dump them and start using torrents
  10. tripplite

tripplite Guest

agreed^^^^

not only is limwire dangerous (virus wise) you have a much higher chance of being reported for p2p activity!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  11. pimenton

pimenton Member

Well, sorry to say this but you guys are also WRONG.
    It does not matter where you download frostwire from (download.com or their official web page) it ALWAYS comes with a trojan horse.
    I don't wanna have a trojan in my laptop.
    Those generic antiviruses like McAffee and Norton do not pick up a lot of these spywares, worms and other stuff.
  12. tripplite

tripplite Guest

the actual setup file does not contain a trojan, download.com downloads are clean:D whether or not you will get a viruses over time due to the software is....well obvious!

13. PMQLNZ

PMQLNZ Member

ok so on friday i opened limewire around 12:00am and it was working it did not detect a firewall. However, i just tried it right now and it did i dont understand. does any one know whats going on?
  14. PMQLNZ

PMQLNZ Member

ok i just got it working!!!! i was having some problems with another program i had called Movie Label 2009 it wouldnt connect to the internet because it detected some proxy thing. It turned out that this other program named ypops! had proxy that matched it i removed the proxy settings from the program and it worked. As for lime wire i was looking at will it work if i turn the ypops program on and it did it immediately went to turbo connection. So thanx for the replys i hope this will help you guys also.
  15. pimenton

pimenton Member

Funky this thing. Mine started working also but in a different way, I tried to install another P2P and then did not loke it because of all the ads in it so I uninstalled and voila! the Limewire came back to life by itself. The more I know about some of this computer stuff the less I want to know. Well, good that yours also started working bubba.
  16. mannonm

mannonm Member

I was having the same problem after i updated my older version of limewire. I finally fixed the problem by deleting the limewire folder that was located in c://documents and settings/default user/application data. After this i rebooted ran limewire and now its up and running
  17. cmertin

cmertin Member

It's a sign, you shouldn't be stealing then ;-)
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  18. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

go to http://www.warez-bb.org and download limewire portable no need to install anything and it doesn´t have any virus
    you can download from there another firewall\antivirus i use outpost security suite and works fine

i also don´t like any p2p programs i prefer newsgroups or rapidshare links
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  19. pimenton

pimenton Member

Cimertin is assuming from the beginning that I use P2P for stealing. Nice. Although I do not owe him or anybody an explanation, herevit goes: nothing better than P2P for bittorrent downloading. Try getting your version of Linux directly from the web-site w/o bittorrent and see how you wait a couple of days. But anyway, now that you mentioned it, even though I do not download music, who is the bigger thief? The poor guy downloading songs or the record companies that were supposed to release the CD at comparable price of the original LP (less plastic). OK dude, keep giving Britney Spears millions of dollars, she deserves it.
    You do not have to reply, I will not read it, just get information before you accuse.
  20. kenbond

kenbond Member

you musst have netframwork 2.0 installed