1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limewire Query

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by PYF, May 29, 2007.

1. PYF

PYF Member

Hi,

I have limewire installed on my computer and a lot of people keep telling me "its bad for your computer" and "it inevitably puts viruses and malware onto your system". However, i need the advice of afterdawn geniuses to sort me out. I have disabled file sharing on limewire and i only download things that look healthy to me.

In my opinion, im doing ok but i was just wondering if i could get some tips on avoiding getting malware on my pc apart from what im already doing.

And if it is really that bad, any other suggestions for a p2p software that is "clean"?

EDIT: Also, are there any files of limewire that i should delete or change?

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi there mate :)

The only issues with limewire is like any other p2p program viruses are everywhere. Just make sure you are using good anti virus program.

Make sure the setting of the program is soo it can detect the viruses while downloading the files then it can just delete it even before it completes.

The only other safety issue i would say is put peer guardian 2 on your computer to block your ip address so you cant be traced.

Other programs i would use are maybe just torrent programs limewire and other p2p programs and heavenly traced nowadays due to the crack down on the sharing of files illegally.