1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

limewire won't open

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by DOUGHBOY6, Jun 14, 2007.

1. DOUGHBOY6

DOUGHBOY6 Guest

k, every time i try to open limewire, it just show's the window loading then nothing, nothing happens. i uninstaled it and reinstalled. i tried morphius but they're are gong legit, then i went to bearshare then they only let me download DRM infested files (.WMA). i tried updateing the lattest version of java, that didn't help, any suggestions?

2. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

<removed>

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If this helps, Frostwire and Limewire have the same developers and interface. Frostwire is recommended over Limewire anyway.

4. DOUGHBOY6

DOUGHBOY6 Guest

yeah, it's the same exact thing as LimeWire, just the default color is blue on it...i tried that and its the same story
    but i run XP, don't planning to switch to vista till they come out with a SP2.
    i guess its torrent all the way now :/

5. DOUGHBOY6

DOUGHBOY6 Guest

hey...I just use Ares now...it's alright. not the same is limewire. but i'll survive

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007
  6. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

<removed>

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Maybe. look towards Vista, from what I've read, it's not too p2p friendly. Other than that, I would guess some kind of conflict but don't know where and as I said, that's just a guess.

8. DOUGHBOY6

DOUGHBOY6 Guest

idk...i hear a lot of negative comments about vista. the only positive that i've herd is how "sleek" it looks a long with its widgets. (basically an OSX knock off) but yeah i'll just roll with ares, the results from limewire weren't that great as i first used it.

9. DOUGHBOY6

DOUGHBOY6 Guest

i don't if ppl are still reading this one, but if any one comes by this. with the new beta of LimeWire, it was able to open...but the problem is that it just shutdown when ever the set up was complete

10. franky305

franky305 Member

hey thanks for mentioning frostwire. I had the same issue with Limewire about a day ago, I tried everything, I even did a system restore to when i baught my laptop which was like a week ago and still nothing. I am running Vist premium which i really dont have any complaints(just make sure you run it with at least 2gigs of ram).I downloaded frostwire and it is just like limewire only blue and all the searches that i remember doing on limewire came up the same on frstwire. thanks bro..

www.frostwire.com

11. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

<removed>