1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lindows Leaner and meaner

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by JSRife, Jun 24, 2004.

1. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Anyone got Lindows? I hear it is Leaner and faster than Windows....If Lindows is so good why doesn't anybody have it?

2. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

not to sure on that 1 all i know is its faster to install and faster to boot up
    but ill keep my eye on this thread id like to learn more myself ive seen a few screen shot's and look's pretty smart

3. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Lindows is a Linux Based Operating System.

http://www.lindowsinc.com/

As its Linux, most programs wont run on Lindows unless its Linux Compatable which i doubt it would be.

As M$ is well-known and 90% of stuff is compatible with it, people just stick with that.

Also as far as i know, there was a lawsuit with Microsoft as to the name Lindows (Windows). So i think its now called Linspire not Lindows

Regards
    CoZZa

4. xbennyboy

xbennyboy Guest

God you guys just get Fedora Core 2. Forget all about MS. Don't get some Linux/Windows hybrid. Its not gonna work right, and you'll end up disappointed. Windows and Linux have completely different architectures. Combining them would be a catastrophe. So stop just stick to either Linux or Windows