1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

linking my xbox to my pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by rrick, Apr 5, 2005.

1. rrick

rrick Member

i need to link my xbox to my pc i have a modded xbox a evo dash board n a router it connets on live but my pc wont pic it up do i need to unlock my xbox? or dose the mod chip need to be off
    please email me a r_hallwoth@hotmail.com

2. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

YOUr C|2@ZY take your email of that....Spambots
    will pick it up!!!!!!!!GET IT OF NOW!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2005
  3. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

you could be banned

4. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

READ THIS: Forum rules!

10. Don't post your email address to the forums! Spambots love dumb forum users who post their email addresses to public sites and grab those addresses and you will soon discover the wonders of penis enlargement kits and other really useful products posted daily to your inbox.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

6. rrick

rrick Member

so do u not no? y would i care about spam bots i dont even no what they r they gonna flood me wid emails i have 600 unread emails any way i didnt no that u wer not aload 2 do that n i cant take it off now
    would some 1 please tell me how 2 conect my xbox 2 my pc do i need 2 create a partison ? im gettin tired ive bin thorgh loads of these sites n no 1 nos how to do as i have said ^^^ my routers picin it up but my pc isnt?? i dont no alot about it but ive got nerer than most ppl i have the flash txp softwear n thats not conneting i will try that site pimpdawg in the moring coz its 2 am n i need 2 do a cv tmoz

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Don't pay attention to him. He's....out there.

There's a link in my signature to a thread you should check out. It will probably answer your questions about linking your xbox and pc.

8. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I'll hook you up with some actual help, don't worry. This same process pissed me off as well. Here are the settings that work for me (I'm directly connecting the two, not using a router or anything):

Xbox Settings (from dashboard):
    - static ip - "yes"
    - ip: 192.168.0.3
    - subnet: 255.255.255.0
    - default gateway: (blank)

LAN Settings (on computer - Network Settings):
    - ip: same as xbox but .1 at end, not .3
    - subnet: 255.255.255.0

Also, make sure you are using a crossover cable, not a standard one. I didn't know the difference until I bought a crossover from RadioShack for $10.

9. rrick

rrick Member

crossover cables is that what the xbox site is sellin 4 £20 well i borght a hub a router n 10 meter inthernet cables well thanks any way ill try that