1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linksys BEFSR41Connectivity Issue

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Bynoe, May 2, 2007.

1. Bynoe

Bynoe Member

I recently bought a Linksys BEFSR41 router to set up a network in my house, I have it connected to 2 PCs and a Motorola Surfboard cable modem. After wiring it all up it did not automatically recognise the router and connect ot the internet so I used the installation CD that came packaged with the router on both PCs to connect them to the internet and all seemed to work ok. I then set up a static IP on one of the computers and forwarded some ports on the router but since then I have been having problems on the PC that I forwarded the ports on.

Upon starting up the PC all works as it should for afew minuites but then the router seems to momentarily disconect from the PC and an error message flashes up telling me a network cable has been diconnected (interupting any active downloads and disconnecting me from any online applications), this continues to happen until eventually the internet seems to cut out completely, although the network connection still seems to be active as I do not get a message telling me the cable is disconnected.

I've read of similar porblems on other forums but none of the solutions suggested there have proved succesful for me. I have the latest firmware I could find (2.00.1) and I have tried disabling the local DHCP server, apparently enabling DMZ can help with this problem but enabling this seemed to cut out my internet as well. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm truly stumped.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

is the router wired or wireless to the pc? i've found when connecting a router to a cable modem is to disconnect both the power & coax cable to the modem while connecting the router to the pc(s) & modem.