1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linksys WGA11B

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by airball, May 15, 2007.

1. airball

airball Regular member

Has anyone used this with their PS3? I am considering buying one and I am not sure if it is compatible or not. I currently have a BEFW11S4 wireless-b and a 20 GB. PS3. Thanks for the input.

2. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I have a 20GB PS3 converted to a 160GB and use the wga11b with a wep key and hidden SSID. Works great, no lag at all. Occasionally when downloading many large files it looses its marbles and forgets the programming in P1. I on the other hand have 2 of them and just swap them when they do that. I don’t know why the WGA11B looses the WiFi signal but once I connected it to my PC and found that it lost the programming in P1. I reprogrammed it and it worked again. I have found that if you let it sit it comes back but not all the time. Only one of them does this and I swap them a lot so I can never tell, need to mark it. I use the programs for different WiFi routers in my LAN and for different systems, xbox, PS2, PS3, HTPC etc. Think it’s a fluke but the other one is rock solid and I love em! If you get 2 you can set up a virtual cable system and it goes FAR! My neighbor 2 houses down connects one to his xbox and I connect the other one to mine and we can play halo without a network! This thing rocks and they are only like $20-$30 each.