1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Dual Boot +Windows

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by NicHt, Mar 29, 2007.

1. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Hey, I ant to un-install linux off one of my hard drives.
    [​IMG]
    But if I do that and delete all linux partitions will the drive come back to my computer? And can I do it with the demo of Partion magic? If so will not having removed the dual boot cause problems?
    Is there an easier way to do this cmd maybe?
    Thanks

--edit
    Also, when I have uninstalled the dual boot, is there a way (since I only have 1 user on my pc) to just remove the logon screen?

Again thank you

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

There are 3!! threads about removing the windows login, i suggest you check thenext 2 pages in this forum.
    As for your linux problem, just download Hiren's BootCD, it has a complete version of Partition magic that will do the job.
    IF your linux bootloader isn't gone/starts acting up after removing linux, use Hiren's BootCD to fix your first harddrive's MBR.

3. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Thanks I did everything and it all worked. Except for the boot menu. I cannot manage to burn the ISO onto a DVD. I don't know why, but I just can't. Is there any way to replace the linux boot with the windows cd?
    I booted from the cd and did fixboot, but that didn't do it.

4. sjb007

sjb007 Member

Are you on about the grub loader still showing?? Boot your computer from a windows xp disk to a recovery console and use the fixmbr command

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

What he said^.
    Also, you're confusing me here, what did you try to burn to a dvd ?

Also, Hiren's BootCD has several utilities, so if you don't want to use the windows cd, you'd need to look under MBR tools > BootFix Utility or MBRTool .