1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

linux-kit and hd-advance on the same hd? possible?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sanctum78, Nov 19, 2004.

1. sanctum78

sanctum78 Member

Does anyone know if its possible to have linux and HD advance on the same hd? I currently have hd-advance installed and alot of backups on it, and I want to install the linux kit in addition.Problem is that you have to format the drive for linux and therefor loose the hd-advance part.

Would it be possible to make two partitions on the drive, one for hd-advance and one for linux?hmmm,I
    would guess probably not, but just curious if anyone has any ideas about this or have the same problem?

2. isoviths

isoviths Guest

3. sanctum78

sanctum78 Member

great!thanks for the info! I'll try to use winhiip to transfer my games to the PC, then install linux with hdadvance as a partition of the hd.

I'll post comments if I manage to get it to work!

btw, is it possible to transfer files from the ps2hd to the pchd via winhiip? The files are all iso right?

hmm, maybe I could link the ps2 together with the pc with a crossover cat5 cable? Does anyone have an easy straightforward guide to how to do this?

Thanks a bunch for the reply............

4. sanctum78

sanctum78 Member

ah, ok..I just read the link you sendt me, and found out I don't have to delete the hdadvance partition at all, which is great! You install linux on a partition made in hdadvance just as you make partitions for every game installed to hdadvance...nice