1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux stuck

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by avivp12, Dec 3, 2007.

1. avivp12

avivp12 Member

Hey i tried to install Linux on my PS3 but im stuck!
    It's doing the loading screen where the pinguin is showed up,alot of words coming up and when it finished it asking for
    kboot and after 10 seconds turning to blue screen...(it's happening when the PS3 isn't on) i turned the PS3 off and turned it on again and the XMB didn't showed up...what showed up???the linux loading screen...somebody know what to do????please!

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Shut off then hold the power on for 5 seconds and start over from the beginning with the install from the XMB.

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If you can't fix linux, and you just want to get back to the XMB for Linux, when the kboot comes back up type in this:

boot-game-os

This will boot the system back to the XMB and from then on, when you turn on your PS3 it will load the XMB! If you want to go back to Linux, you have to go to Settings and the Other OS option!

Now are you running the PS3 on an HDTV? Because if you are not, then that is why you are getting a blank screen after kboot!