1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lion King 1 1/2- no audio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Adouble11, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

I'm trying to backup the lion king 1 1/2. I've tried doing the full disc and just the main movie. I've used ANYDVD with- dvdshrink, dvddecrypter, and dvdclone. I can not get any audio (yes my audio is active when ReAuthoring). Please help, thanks

2. btitus

btitus Regular member

My guess would be that when you were checking your preferences for audio i.e. 5.1 or 2 channel etc. you mistakingly unchecked all of the audio options. Just leave the ones checked that you want on the disc and "uncheck" the ones that you don't.

3. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

It is checked. I've backed up about 100 movies so I pretty much know the basics. Thanks for trying though. If anybody can give some info that would be great- I need this movie to complete my Lion King triligy!!!

4. FoosJR

FoosJR Member

You need to copy the whole movie, it's not that big so you can copmress it a little and get it onto a single layer disc. I had the same problem with 1.5 when I tried to copy the main title only. I think others here have had the same results, after I copied the whole thing it worked fine. None of the other Lion King's have had that trouble.

5. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

What software did you use?

6. FoosJR

FoosJR Member

I run ANYDVD in the background, I use DVD Shrink and burn with Decrypter.

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

That movie came out before any of the new dvd encryptions,AnyDvd wasnt needed.I did it with dvd shrink(entire disc)and nero.

8. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

I tried DVD shrink without ANYDVD- full disc and just the main title- no luck. I also tried DVD Decrypter without ANYDVD- no luck. What could be the problem?

9. jackvance

jackvance Member

I have the exact same problem. I was to convert the Lion King 2 disc special edition to an avi.

But the VOBs that contain the movie have no audio. Not if I play them from the disc, and not if I play them from the back-up on my HD I made with DVD Decrypter.

Also when I try to rip them with DVD2AVi, it doesn't make the usual .wav file, so it finds no audio stream either.

The only way I got the sound to work by starting the DVD with powerDVD in the normal way.. so the sound is there somehow, it's just encrypted or something.

Anyone know how to get the sound out of the VOBs? Would be really helpful!

10. jackvance

jackvance Member

A bit silly to reply to my own question, but for those interested, I already found the problem.

Turns out the first audio stream is DTS, which requires special hardware to play. The second audio stream however is your regular AC3. So I ripped it with DVD2AVI and audio track 2 and it worked perfectly.

Also with DVD Shrink you can make it work.. right-click on the preview window and select the second audio stream to hear the sound. (also if you burn it, it'll work)