1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync Errors using Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by imagquest, Apr 23, 2004.

1. imagquest

imagquest Member

OK, my project is to extract various chapters from various DVD's to make a home theater demo disk for personal use.

I've used DVD Decrypter to decrypt each DVD and then DVD Shrink to extract the specific chapter(s) off each to use in the compilation.

I downloaded a trial version of Nero 6. I then used Nero StartSmart to walk through the adding of chapters as well as a menuing system. All of this seems to work fine. But, when you preview a chapter, the audio isn't synced up w/ the video. If you burn it, same thing, lip sync errors abound.

I tried taking the chapters directly from DVD Shrink into another burner (Gear). This works without lip sync errors, but I can't construct a menuing system in that program (at least I don't think I can) and the chapters seem to be run together such that you can only fast forward rather than being able to skip to the next chapter. I'll admit that I haven't spent much time with this program, so there may be ways around these issues.

So, the problem obviously exists somewhere between Shrink and Nero. I'd like to be able to use SmartStart since it's so easy. But, if I can't fix the lip sync issue, then it's of little use.

Has anyone run into this problem before and do you know the solution?

If you need any additional information I'll be happy to provide whatever I can.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Scot

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Scot,

To do what you wish I suggest you use TMPGEnc DVD Author instead of Nero. Do your cutting with DVD Shrink, your compiling and assyembly with DVD Author and compress if needed using DVD Shrink then Nero classic to burn.

Enjoy,

Pete

3. imagquest

imagquest Member

Pete-

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice. I'll post if it works correctly.

Best regards,

Scot

4. imagquest

imagquest Member

Pete-

I downloaded the program. Where do I do the menu system (i.e. in which program)?

Scot

5. BJ333

BJ333 Member

Get yourself a programme called 'DVD-Lab'.

It has a unique audio synchronisation facility.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, you can do lots of stringing things together with your own personal touch with DVD Lab :p)

Pete