1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

list of games and the updates that they contain?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Erdrick, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Erdrick

Erdrick Regular member

I have a NTSC USA Wii, modded with a wiikey. It works very well, and the only problems I have run into were media related. Now that I am using my Taiyo Yuden DVDs, everything is running smoothly. My printable TDKs were nice after I printed labels on them, but their 90% (or in Wario Ware's case, 0%) boot rate were starting to worry me.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand. I am wondering if anyone knows of a list, or could at least tell me, which games have updates on them. Being that my system is a USA region system, I can only use games from this region to update. I am specifically looking for the 2.2U update, as I am a bit leary of jumping to the 3.0U.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, by the way, I have scoured the forums looking for this info, but to no avail. All I came across was that Super Paper Mario could update you to 2.0U, which I already knew from experience.

Thanks in advance!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I think the below NTSC(U) games have 2.2U firmware on them...

Big Brain academy
    Pokémon Battle Revolution
    Mario Strikers: Charged

The only problem that has come up with Wiikey and the 3.0U firmware update is that the Wiikey set up disc will not direct boot in the Wii. Plus some users have had issues booting GC game backups.

All you need to do to boot the Wiikey set up disc or GC game backups that won't direct boot, is to use a GCoS boot disc to boot the Wii in GCoS mode and then swap the GCoS disc with the Wiikey set up disc or GC backup to use it.

HERE is a link to the GCoS boot disc creator.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  3. Erdrick

Erdrick Regular member

Thanks a ton for your help. I will check out one of those first two games. I will probably go with the Big Brain Academy, being that I don't have any interest in playing Pokemon.