1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LIST OF THE BEST APPZ FOR DVD - DIVX

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by mjuliaoi, May 25, 2003.

1. mjuliaoi

mjuliaoi Guest

i am new in this thing so i stick up to the guides here that i found great... but this guides always use freeware, and since sometimes shareware are better than freeware, this thread is for people that know the power of some appz to transform dvd to divx will post them here so that new people like me know which are the better

IMPORTANT: This lists only accept the BEST QUALITY, not the fastest, not the cheapest, not the easiest, only the best quality

2. PopWeasel

PopWeasel Member

mjuliaoi, I am sure everyone will have their own opinion as to what applications to use to make the best dvd rip. In my experience, after trying lots of apps, I ended up using the (free) DVDx v2.1 with the latest DivX codec. However, this program handles audio very poorly. Another program I just tried recently that seemed to put out good-looking video is Dr. DivX ($49.99US) also with the latest DivX codec. However, this program ALSO handled audio very poorly. So, unless you know how to extract, convert, synch, and mux your audio from/to your video separately, you shouldn't use these 2 apps. If you do, they will give you your best output hands down.

All the other apps I've tried either have problems with the aspect ratio (so you end up with tall skinny people or short fat people) or border problems, or artifacts, etc. I won't mention any names, I'll just leave it at that.
    Send me a personal message with your email address if you would like to see a sample of what's possible using DVDx v2.1.