1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite-On Burner Problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dizzyduck, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Need some advice. My Lite-On burner has been working for me flawlessly for the past 9 months or so. Never had a coaster or any other problems to speak of. Yesterday, all of a sudden, I try backing up a movie with both Shrink and DVDFab and my encoding speed averaged 800kbps, where it typically ranges from 3.5Mbps and higher. Also, when I use Nero, Fab, Shrink or other relative software, my cpu usage fluctuates from 89-100%. Also, will not allow me to burn ISO image files. When I try, my buffer runs crazy. I tried reinstalling the drive, flashed it and reinstalled latest firmware. I've already bought a replacement burner, but just wanted to know what could be the problem and can it be salvaged? Any help is appreciated!

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Also forgot to mention, I installed an old 4x burner and set my Lite-On as both cable select and slave and the 4x burner worked fine but the Lite-On still did the same thing. Also, installed the Lite-On in all three of my other computers. Same thing.