1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite-on can't update firmware and working slow

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by skieslord, Apr 2, 2007.

1. skieslord

skieslord Member

Hi every1.
    I have a Lite-on SHW-160p6s PGS1 DVD+-r/RW DL
    and a haven't been able to update the firmare which the lastest is 'PSOB' I have the drive region free!. when i try to update the update this happen..
    [​IMG]
    I guess i have OEM firmware (PGS1).. i do't know what's the difference if the drive to update is the same one. only for the firmware already have.
    i also a tried one from http://digi.rpc-1.com/flashfix.htm FLASHFIX and nothing...

also my drive used to read the top speed and burn up to 16X
    but now when a burn with any software (nero or cloneDVD) the top speed is 2.4x. (this happened after my pc frozzed up making a backup) I unistalled the Secondary ide channel controller and i made sure DMA mode is enabled. unistalled dvd drives also. but problem persist.. i can burn and read everything works fine.. the only thing is that.
    Currenly have 1663MB RAM
    AMD athlon 64 3500+ 2.1
    lastest Mainboar bios Updated MS-7207G
    and two DVD-R/RW
    liteon shw-160p6s
    toshiba sd-r5372
    liteon Master
    toshiba Slave
    IDE Cable 80 pin

if everyone can helpme flashing my firware i would appreciate.
    If i didn't explain well let me know.. my english is not good enough.. i know i can confuse everyone.
    Thankyou

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Here is where I update my firmware for my drive, the same as yours, however I don't see your current firmware listed as an option, have you cross flashed your drive? Firmware
    One possibility, try flashing with PSO4 first to see if that helps> Let me know how it works.

3. skieslord

skieslord Member

Thank You 'bivletNC'

The link on RPC1.com for PS04 is no longer available. liteon removed it from it server already..
    but looking specifically for ps04 in the browser i found PS0C and this is what i got.

before clicking update..
    [​IMG]

after clicking update
    [​IMG]

it is good idea trying to flash the oldest one.. and then go foward and install the new one.. i got your point.. I will look PS04
    Thank you

4. skieslord

skieslord Member

oh... about cross flashed my drive.. i think it is a OEM firmware that why is PGS1..
    my pc is an eMachines T6528.
    Thanks

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

One quick add-on thought, try changing your jumper selections, instead of using Master-Slave, go to cable select, I've heard that some systems prefer this setup for who knows why, but it is worth a shot. You have already made sure DMA is enabled, so that shouldn't hold you back. When I have more time I'll see what else I can dig up for you.

7. skieslord

skieslord Member

I chaged jumpers to cable select.. I'm gonna try.. I let you know