1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite on drive replaced swapped board same prob

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IIANGELII, Jan 18, 2012.

1. IIANGELII

IIANGELII Member

I replaced my Lite on drive with a new one, swapped out the motherboard, and have the same problem. My drive reads music CD's and DVD's, but when I put any original 360 disc in, it will start to play for a few minutes, then read "disc error". I can start a game, go on live and play in a match for a few minutes, then get the same "disc error". I triple checked the solder and the ribbon that goes to the lens. Is it possible I got a bad drive from the person I bought it from? What is wrong with this machine! Please help me.

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

are you sure it is supposed to have a liteon drive in it? was the drive a new one, or a used one? if it plays cds fine and not games then i would think its the laser, does your game have scratches on it?

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

laser issue. My guess is your bought the drive on ebay. Or you're not using verbatims. What FW are you running? What dash?

4. IIANGELII

IIANGELII Member

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

there is no update. All games boot if you are running the proper FW. LT 3.0 boots all games including MW3 as long as you burned with imax FW on your Liteon drive in your computer and using verbatim media.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  6. IIANGELII

IIANGELII Member

Ok I was able to download it to the 360 hard drive and I'm good to go! Thanks all who replied to this thread.