1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite-On DVD Burner

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SFisher21, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

What's up guys. Looking for one of these burners online and I can't find one with the exact model numbers listed from the Max Burner thread.

Lite-On iHAS124B
    Lite-On iHAS224B
    Lite-On iHAS324B
    Lite-On iHAS424B
    Lite-On iHAS524B
    Lite-On iHAS624B

For example the 124B model on newegg it shows up as 124-06. Are these the same?

2. bludd

bludd Regular member

People ordering the drives from newegg have been getting the "b" versions. The "a" versions were manufactured at an earlier date so as long as you order from a large manufacturer, it should be manufactured this year and be a "b". I've seen people say they get the "b" versions from Amazon as well and I got mine from Microcenter.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

lol..B = Black

4. scoobpoo

scoobpoo Member

"The B at the end of the name denotes that the drive has the required MediaTek chipset so it can be flashed with Burner Max once it's released. There are also A and Y models. A is also MediaTek but is untested. Y models contain a NEC chipset and will definitely not work. All of these drives are essentially the same, but the higher up models have more features like LightScribe and Smart Erase. Unless you specifically want a burner with those features, you can just go for one of the cheaper low end models""

"funksoulb"

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

d'oh! hehehe