1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite On DVD Recorder problem

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by j2huggar, Jan 10, 2007.

1. j2huggar

j2huggar Regular member

LiteOn Model DD-A100GX, DVD Recorder

Having a problem with playback of DVDs recorded with this unit when played on different DVD players. In general, all players tested would play the DVD properly, regardless of the mode used for recording (2 hr, 3 hr, 4 hr, …etc.). However, when attempting to use features such as “chapter skip” or “fast forward”, the audio would disappear. On some players, pressing “pause” then “play” would restore the audio. I’ve used different makes of disks, but all DVD–R 8X, so far, with no difference in results. LiteOn tech support suggested a firmware upgrade, which also had no effect. Anyone have a solution?

2. spiesfan

spiesfan Regular member

this problem happed to me once with an older lite-on on an apex player however I do not have a solution other then rip and run through fixvts.

3. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

I do not have that model unit Mine are the 5045and 5005. So I can’t speak to yours
    However
    If you edit and add chapter marks
    Check the recording as to where the chapter marks are. Sometimes
    adding chap marks, they can get placed very close or almost right on top of each other.
    You may need to remove some if to close
    When editing on the HDD prior to transferring to Disk I am careful in this as it can lead to problems as stated. Especially with other players.

4. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

i also have this player and disappointed that it doesnt record in dolby surround or dd5.1. it only records in dolbydigital 2channel(left/right)no surround or center even tho the video playing is in dd5.1. also doesnt play DTS movies