1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite-On DVD ripping artifacts with DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Conlusio, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Conlusio

Conlusio Member

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've got an interesting problem with two LITE ON 16X XJ-HD166S/165H DVD-ROMS. They decrypt very very quickly at 16x but they generate artifacts in the process. (green boxes, poorly rendered sections of frames). I limited the ripping speed in DVD Decrypter to 2x and the artifacts go away. At 4x, no dice. I can rip just fine using the Pioneer A06 I have for burning in the system. Unfortunately that's limited to 4x rip. Anyone have an idea as to what the problem is? It's not a master/slave problem as they are on separate IDE channels.

Help?

Edit: It's not the media or the video card, I can see the artifacts both when the back up is complete and watched on a player AND on the pc when checking quality in a software player.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Dirty laser lens perhaps? Try giving the drive's innards a shot of compressed air :)

3. Conlusio

Conlusio Member

Tried that. Also tried a 'lens cleaner' disc. No dice. I am going to try using DVD-Shrink's ripping abilities and compare at 16x speed. Maybe it's something software rather than hardware related.