1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lite on dvd sohd-167T not responding TY dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ziggy49, Jun 27, 2007.

1. ziggy49

ziggy49 Member

I had no problems until today. I am using anydvd and clonedvd2 they are wonderful. I just gotten these blank dvd's today called Taiyo Yuden 8X dvd-r and I using optrite dd-1205 and lite on dvd sohd-167T won't begin to write it just keep prompting me to put in a blank dvd. I think that I probably need some kind of upgrade or something. I put in 3 blank TY's already I can hear the drive reacting to the disk but it won't write. I've used 3 types of media before like TDK and maxell and memorex and no problem. I seen the great prices on TY's and read the reviews etc. So I bought them but now I have 300 of them lol. I can return them but before I do I was hoping to get some help here first. Also I read about firmware is that some kind of update for your hardware but I will settle for any help on my lite on right now. thanks for any help out there.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi ziggy49
    The LiteOn is a dvd-rom drive - here's the latest firmware for it - 9S1B.

The latest firmware (from 2004) on the Optorite Burner is 120E but I can't find any downloads for it.
    There is one from Dangerous Brothers you may want to check out - link
    The firmware is what tells your drive what to do - one big thing it does is give the drive the media codes for correct read and write strategies.
    It's usually just an .exe that you run that will 'flash' your drive with the latest instructions. Only takes a few minutes.

3. ziggy49

ziggy49 Member

thanks but that name dangerous brothers scares me alot lol. I did email optrite for an firmare I guess they laffing at me an update since 2004. This computer store built the computer and few months later they close. It is the best. Ok I sent the dvd's back but I put one in the dvd recorder and it look like it was ready to record on but I didn't do it because that is not where I really need 300 disc for. They are giving me a full return. I kno not to buy this ty's for my system they tried to get me to buy their premium. I am nobody's sucker. I will look into your suggestion. I appreciate. If I don't hear from you again have a great fourth.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah that's was the only working link I could find for OptiRites firmware.
    They don't seem to be around anymore.

It's an older drive so me I would update the firmware just for the heck of it. Worse case you need a new drive but at this point I think that's your best option.
    Taiyo Yuden are good discs - they're what I mainly use - the problem you have is an older drive w/ no support so it's may be pickier w/ media. New drives handle a whole lot more media and they're cheaper than the price you paid for the 300 TY's.

You have a great 4th too!!