1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite On DVD will not read

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lcfctom, Jan 10, 2007.

1. lcfctom

lcfctom Member

I have recently downloaded Clone DVD mobile with Any DVD (by Slysoft)to enable me to view my own DVD's on my Ipod 5th Gen

I have a problem with some DVD's being read by my DVD which is a Lite On DVD RW SHW-160P6S PS01.

It happens only with certain disks eg I'm Alan Partridge TV prog disk not the extras disk (both series) & Film of You Me & Dupree but on others eg Hustle season 1 & 2 No problems at all

Any DVD is running

Is this a copy protection issue, driver or something else

Your help is much appreciated

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

It may just be that your burner is a poor reader. I have one drive that really sucks at reading disks. It's an excellent burner but a crappy reader. Liteons used to be excellent readers though.

Do you have trouble ripping those same hard to read DVDs to your hard disk with DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD? It may just be Clone DVD Mobile causing the problem. I don't use the program but if you can rip to your hard disk, maybe Clone can open the files up from the hard disk and not have to read from the disk itself.

Some disks are just plain hard to read because of the way they are mastered/pressed. TV compilations seem to be problematic sometimes for whatever reason.